Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Forget It (1999)


The above 1999 cartoon showed the public worrying (sort of) about the possible dangers of cell phone use. The fact is that Israelis were quick to buy into the cell phone revolution, and in amazingly large numbers. These days in Israel everyone has a mobile phone, including (incredibly) children. A 2004 study in Israel, published in the International Journal of Cancer Prevention, found an increased risk of women developing cancer was 10 times higher if they lived close to mobile phone antennas. For years I wouldn't have a microwave oven in my home. Now I, and all my friends and neighbors, walk around while pressing microwave-generating mobile phones to our heads.The reason that we don't worry? Simple!
And as soon as I remember what it is, I'll let you know.

Labels: , ,