Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday Mail: June 17, 2007

Letters Fron Dry Bones
Posting a cartoon every weekday leaves no room for me to simply share news, ideas, and other stuff with you. So welcome to 'Sunday Mail: Letters from Dry Bones', the new, once-a-week Dry Bones feature.

Letters Fron Dry Bones
Item One: Mixed Emotions
When I was a kid (back in the old days in Brooklyn) my father took me to a gala evening held by the fraternal order to which he belonged. I was especially impressed with the comedian. This morning I was reminded of one his hokey and sexist jokes from so long ago when I saw the photos of the destruction of Arafat's home in Gaza by a Palestinian mob, and the carrying off of his Nobel Peace prize medal and other memorabilia by Hamas thugs. The welcome destruction of the Arafat myth was part of the unfortunate sinking of any hope for a secular democratic Gaza.

The old joke was this: "Definition of mixed emotions: Watching your mother-in-law drive off a cliff in your brand new car."


Letters Fron Dry Bones
Item Two: Spring Clearance Sale on Jewish Software.
I thought you'd like to know about this! From now until the end of July (or while supplies last) jewishsoftware.com is running an incredible inventory clearance sale. Up to 70% savings on more than 50 of their most popular titles. It's an opportunity to grab some neat Jewish software or stock up on perfect gifts for every occasion. They've got books, and games, and clip art, and Bible study programs, and more. I recommend that you check it out for yourself. Just click on:Jewish Software.

Labels: , , , ,